You are welcome to visit us. We love visitors! Come and be our special guest. Be prepared to be greeted by many friendly faces. We love when our congregation is full of visitors and you will be made to fill welcome. The Church of Christ in Broken Bow (Just south of Beavers Bend) is a loving congregation. We laugh a lot, we enjoy each other’s company and we enjoy being in the presence of the Lord. We are looking forward to your visit. God Bless you in your spiritual walk and we hope to see you soon.
If you are a vacationer of Beavers Bend State Park, we have the privilege of meeting hundreds of brothers and sister in Christ just like you on a yearly bases. It is always a fantastic and encouraging statement that you make when you decide to go to worship even while on vacation. We appreciate your example and look forward to seeing you anytime you are in our area enjoying the beauty of God’s creation.
For those who have never visited our congregation, we would like to share with you what to expect when visiting:
- Prayers – God has given His children an avenue in which we might communicate with Him. Through prayers we may Thank the Lord for all of His blessings, Praise Him for Who He is, and Petition Him for the desires of our heart.
- Singing – As we have been commanded to do, we sing together as a body (Colossians 3:16; Ephesians 5:19). As is our example from the first Christians as well as following the previously cited verses, we as a congregation sing to the Lord without the accompaniment of mechanical instruments. As we sing, we are singing praises to God, as well as teaching and encouraging one another.
- Lord’s Supper – Jesus before He died initiated the Lord’s Supper. We proclaim the Lord’s death by partaking of this communion (1 Corinthians 11:23-26). Just as we see the first Christians doing it, we partake of the Lord’s Supper every Sunday (Acts 20:7).
- Offering – The Lord has blessed us spiritually, yet also He has supplied our every earthly need. As we see in the bible, Christians are to set aside funds and give back to the Lord in order to help further His work on a weekly bases (1 Corinthians 16:2). Visitors are not asked to give.
- Sermon – We are told that faith comes through hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). You will hear a scripturally sound lesson taught from the Bible that will encourage you to follow God’s will.
We look forward to meeting you!